*Family Man's Oath:
With God's help, I will do my best to:
1. Praise God and honor Him daily in my thoughts, my words and my deeds, and establishing the foundations for my success as a true family man through the disciplines of Bible reading and prayer.
2. Honor and respect my wife, loving her as Christ loves His Church, and faithfully demonstrating my lifelong commitment to providing for her needs.
3. Spiritually protect my family by constantly interceding in prayer for their needs, guarding them from the influences of the enemy that seek to enter our home through various forms of media, establishing the Word of God as our home's final authority, and boldly declaring that, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord (Joshua 24:15)."
4. Emotionally protect my family by speaking words of blessings and encouragement, spending quality time together, and remembering to be slow to anger and quick to extend mercy.
5. Physically protect my family through hard work, preparedness and diligence, understanding that my call as a family man requires daily sacrifices.
6. Be faithful to my family by ensuring regular weekly church attendance and faithful giving of my time and resources, in addition to maintaining relationships with other Christian men for edification and accountability.
7. Ask the Lord daily for wisdom and His empowerment that I may walk in love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
8. Allow no other acitivities to distract me from my number one priority, which is to be assured that my family proclaims Jesus Christ as their lord and Savior.
*Adapted for Hope Church from "Family Man's Creed" - Dickson's, Inc.